Re: why linux can't see my memory

On 1/6/14, Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:
> LiveCDs (and non-live, install CDs) do not use lilo. The "mem=xM" in
> this instance is used by syslinux.
>
> Make sure "mem" is followed by a real figure seen by the system in the
> POST. That figure must be followed by "M". Any variation will *not* have
> an effect.
>

> Shared?
>
> I though you had removed the AGP card which had *built-in* video RAM and
> are using the on-board video which uses System RAM (??)
>
> Note also that the amount of RAM used by an AGP video card and the size
> of the aperture are different. The aperture must be at least as large as
> the amount of video RAM (*if* your BIOS has an AGP aperture setting).
>

>> Can I run dmidecode from woody?
>
> I don't know. I suspect you have an "install" CD for Woody, so you'd
> have to do an installation before dmidecode would be available - which
> is why I suggested using a live CD instead (boot and use instead of boot
> -> install -> reboot -> use).
>

> Should you install Woody?
> IMO no.
> You *will* have problems with Woody.
> It probably *won't* support your hardware.
> Stick to Wheezy.
>
> Kind regards
>

> --

I have entered the "mem=" option correctly
The motherboard have not build-in video card

I have been trying  loadlin.exe this morning,
after several hours of efforts,  no success

it seems a waste of time

liveCD will help?
how does it differ from plugging a hard disk with wheezy?

maybe I shall give up