Re: why linux can't see my memory

On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 03:35:42AM -0500, Long Wind wrote:
> the install CD says during installation:
> not enough memory to load specified image
>
> According to memtest I have only 688k memory at first
> I really have 1 G memory
> In memtest I select configuration, Memory Sizing,
> and use probe method, memtest find 1 G memory
>
> I have plug a disk that have wheezy, but can't boot it
> probably  because linux can't see 1 G memory
> I believe I need to change grub/kernel option to solve the problem
> but I have not have any success
> Can you help me?

Have you tried a live CD?
Does the BIOS see all the memory?
What 'grub/kernel option' are you talking about?

I am not familiar with the memtest probe method, but maybe that is a
clue.

Does the memory test OK after the memtest probe method?

Have you googled the issue?
e.g googling on 'P4 memtest' (without the quotes.) has some interesting
results - are any of those helpful?

You could download an old version of a Debian Installer CD from about
the time your PC was popular and see if it boots.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X