Re: why linux can't see my memory

Thanks for your reply!
I have google and someone says changing BIOS option about memory hole

I search my BIOS, can't find such option,  no luck

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:
Zenaan Harkness wrote:
On 1/5/14, Long Wind <longwind2009@gmail.com> wrote:
BIOS see all memory and Windows XP can run
Yes, memory test OK after the memtest probe method

I have a woody install CD
I try to boot bf24, if fails (the default kernel also fail)

I have no live CD, but I have plug a hard disk with wheezy
I don't believe it make difference

Are you running on an older motherboard?  It could be a memory hole problem.  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_hole

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.   .... Yogi Berra