Re: Disable gjs-console

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 18:41:46 +0100
Dan <ganchya@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot,
>
> I do not understand your command dpkg-statoverride --update --remove
> /usr/bin/gjs-console

This asks ask dpkg to do two things:

a) Remove executable bit from /usr/bin/gjs-console for now.
b) Remove executable bit from /usr/bin/gjs-console for future updates.

Please run 'man dpkg-statoverride' for more details.

> This is the process that takes 100% of the CPU
> /usr/bin/gjs-console -I /usr/share/gnome-documents/js -c const
> SearchProvider = imports.shellSearchProvider; SearchProvider.start();

And if gnome-shell can not execute it, there will be no process.
No process = no CPU consumption.

> The problem is related to gnome-documents which I think is a kind of crawler:
>  GNOME Documents is a standalone application to find, organize and
> view your documents.
>
> I tried to remove gnome-documents but gnome depends on gnome-documents.

'gnome' is just a metapackage. Purge gnome-documents, keep everything
else.

Reco