Re: Disable gjs-console

 Hi.

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 15:16:55 +0100
Dan <ganchya@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some times the program gjs-console from gnome3 takes 100% of my CPU.
> That is quite annoying. I have no idea what gjs-console does. I have
> disabled the gnome tracker from the start-up applications.

This seems to be a variation of

> Does anybody have an idea of how to disable gjs-console?

This is a dirty hack, but should work:

dpkg-statoverride --update --add root root 0644 /usr/bin/gjs-console
pkill -9 -f gjs-console

To revert this change, use:

dpkg-statoverride --update --remove /usr/bin/gjs-console

> What is the purpose of that program/daemon?

Please read an output of 'apt-cache show gjs'.
My guess is - some kind of debugging tool. Personally, I don't trust
nor use any DE written in javascript.

Reco