Re: boot fails on wheezy (SOLVED - not completely!)

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013, Goh Lip wrote:

Okay, understood what you mean.

Your bios did not detect both drives and the first drive it detected was put into the boot sequence.

  sorry, but I think that you didn't understand: my BIOS perfectly detects all
  existing drives,  as
  1/ they are all listed in the BIOS "general" and "hard disc" menus
  2/ I was able to put the good one in the boot sequence.
  3/ I imagine that if a disc is not detected by the BIOS, it's difficult
     to use it in the OS, after the boot.

You also said that the "disc numbering is not consistent with each reboot"
This is not true for internal discs.So, the use of UUID in fstab is mandatory for external drives, but not for internal.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel