Re: are "print server" and "ssh server" needed?

Am 07.05.2013 19:09, schrieb Default User:
> Hi.
>
> I am getting ready to do a new install of Debian 7.0.0 (Wheezy) on a home
> pc with local printer attached, no local network, just internet connection
> to outside world, not used for office or business purposes.
>
> The installer asks what pre-selected software "task groups" are to be
> installed.  Pre-selected are:
>     - desktop environment
>     - standard utilities
>     - print server
>     - ssh server
>
> In this scenario, I am not sure why the print server and ssh server are
> pre-selected.  Are the really useful, or would they just take up space and
> add complexity?
>
> Any opinions?

The selection of the SSH task in combination with the desktop task is a
bug, which has been fixed [1] a few minutes ago.

Michael

[1]
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=tasksel/tasksel.git;a=commitdiff;h=b279f621d8c6c72747abaa8b08d4860a574d7862

universe are pointed away from Earth?