Re: Debian 7 Wheezy Stable Relelased

Le Lun 6 mai 2013 10:37, James Allsopp a écrit :
> Hi,
> What I meant was I wan to upgrade an existing system from Squeeze to
> Wheezy
> but replacing Gnome2 with XFCE, which seems a more natural upgrade path.
> I'd rather not have the grief of trying to remove a load of gnome3
> libraries. I think I'll have to install XFCE then remove Gnome2 before the
>  upgrade?

The faster way (because it will avoid upgrading gnome or xfce for nothing,
which includes downloads):
Simply remove all gnome packages, upgrade, and then install XFCE. I think
it is safer to do that from outside an X session, but it should be ok
anyway.

A command like:
#aptitude purge gnome* && aptitude update && aptitude upgrade && aptitude
install xfce4

should do the job, but I think the 2 middle "aptitude" commands can be
replaced by dist-upgrade or something like that. Maybe safer too, I do not
really knows.