Re: how to configure pulseaudio to use analog speaker on motherboard not hdmi on video card

On 08:01 Tue 31 Dec     , Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On 12/31/2013 12:33 AM, Mitchell Laks wrote:
> > My problem is:
> > When I boot up I can't hear sound from vlc application nor iceweasel  via  my speakers connected
> > to the motherboard
> > (nor even via the HDMI cable to my monitor - but I prefer the speakers and not the monitor HDMI).
> everytime I install PulseAudio it reverts to the wrong ( motherboard?)
> audio card for every application. Everytime I start to play sound from
> something new, browser, VLC.... I have to pull up PulseAudio and change
> it to my Soundblaster card, then I get sound. It freaked me out the
> first time, but know I know..

Paul,
I am glad that I am crazy, and unfortunately  not the only one suffering.
However
1. My situation, on bootup pulseaudio only recognizes the bad card
2. I have to kill it then I can select correct one, either by pacmd or gnome-control-center if I have a desire to run a gui.
3. Surely we have someone on the list who knows what we can do to configure the pulseaudio startup to select the correct devices?
Mitchell