Re: Issues with gnome3 after upgrade to testing

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 11:35 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
On Fri, 2013-12-27 at 23:10 +1100, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> Upon resume though the virtual consoles seem to work fine, but gnome
> just locks up and I can do nothing with the desktop. As I'm blind and
> the screenreader stops working at this point I can not read if there
> is any error message on screen.

Perhaps you could use a LiveCD with a screen reader or braille to take a
look at ~/.xsession-errors and perhaps other log files too. Since IIUC
GNOME does start, "just" locks up, I would take a look at
~/.xsession-errors first.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I can still access the console so inspecting ~/.xsession-errors was no problem.
It seems there are no reported errors though unfortunately.

Sometimes suspend works and sometimes it doesn't I'm finding, but still can't find a solution to the second problem.

I might just do a full reinstall at some point since I've made so many modifications to this system it's hard to track these minor bugs down.

Dan