Issues with gnome3 after upgrade to testing

Hi,

I'm experiencing two annoying issues with gnome3 after upgrading from wheezy to testing.

1. When I suspend my computer by clicking in the top pannel under my user name, suspend, the computer will suspend as expected. Upon resume though the virtual consoles seem to work fine, but gnome just locks up and I can do nothing with the desktop. As I'm blind and the screenreader stops working at this point I can not read if there is any error message on screen.
2. If my desktop crashes eg. in point 1, I used to be able to run:
sudo /etc/init.d/gdm3 restart
From a console and everything would be good.
I can no longer do this. Gdm3 just seems to do nothing after being started again. The only way I oculd get this to work is:
* log out of gnome in the top pannel
* then restart gdm3, that works ok, but restarting gdm3 while logged in does not work.
I must restart my box to get the desktop going again. Obviously logging out of gnome isn't an option though if it crashed in the first place.

Any advice with regards to fixing any of this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel