Re: (solved) Re: how to re-install Windows?

On 29/12/13 11:50, Long Wind wrote:
> Thank Scott Ferguson very much!!

No worries.
With hindsight I should have emphasized "check the disk with smartmon"
first.
And you probably don't need to repartition (or recreate the fs) - just
check with smartmon then (if smartmon doesn't declare imminent disaster)
run badblocks followed by fsck.vfat. If you remember where you are
patched up to with Windoof *and* you get a useful error message about
the files affected by the damaged sectors you can probably use Debian to
copy the correct files back (after you've finished re-writing the
badblocks list) and save yourself a full-reinstall of Windoof. Don't use
system files from the Windoof install CD without checking that they
haven't been updated by one of the patches/updates.

> On 12/28/13, Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 29/12/13 10:50, Long Wind wrote:
>>> I have wheezy and XP, with grub as boot manager
>>> now C: has bad sector and can't boot
>>> it seems I have to re-install XP
>>> grub will be gone after XP installation
>>>
>>> How can I re-install grub?