Re: How do I solve pinning issues - Was: jwm

On Sat, 2013-12-28 at 00:01 +0000, Tom H wrote:
> If you're booted into Arch, you can use systemd-nspawn and let it set
> up the chroot for you.

That's interesting, a few seconds learning curve wasn't very successful,
but I at least was able to run apt-get update (not finished because the
access to the servers is slow, I need to search for better mirrors).

[root@archlinux rocketmouse]# systemd-nspawn -D /mnt/debi386/
Spawning namespace container on /mnt/debi386 (console is /dev/pts/1).
Init process in the container running as PID 2476.
root@debi386:~# kill 2476
-bash: kill: (2476) - No such process
root@debi386:~# synaptic

(synaptic:45): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
root@debi386:~# apt-get update
Hit http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates InRelease
Ign http://ftp.de.debian.org wheezy InRelease
Get:1 http://ftp.de.debian.org wheezy-updates InRelease [125 kB]
[snip]
Get:13 http://ftp.de.debian.org sid/main Sources/DiffIndex [7876 B]
100% [Waiting for headers]^C
root@debi386:~# shutdown -h now
shutdown: /run/initctl: No such file or directory
init: /run/initctl: No such file or directory
root@debi386:~# exit
logout
Container failed with error code 1.