Re: Grub2 menu editing

On Wed, December 25, 2013 12:14 pm, Gary Roach wrote:
> Would someone tell me how to edit the grub2 menu. I have over 10 items
> showing including versions of the OS that I don't even use anymore.
> Further, the items are out of order and I have to be careful when
> rebooting or the wrong OS gets loaded. I'm using Debian Wheezy and AMD
> 64 OS with an Intel i5750 processor.

For a start, open up a terminal, su to root, open mc or preferred file
manager and delete old unused initrd versions and old boot versions out of
your `boot' file. Then isssue `update-grub'. It sounds as though that
would get rid of half the problem.

Then let us know what you have left after that.
Cheers!

Weaver

--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine

Registered Linux User: 554515