Re: carrying running laptop, was: Re: Acpi "Lid" Suspend with Eeepc 900 Not Working

On 12/23/2013 06:36 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
I know laptop hdds are used in some media players, but how do they
actually hold up in those?
I think those usually have shock sensors in them.  When they sense
force they park or otherwise safe the head.  Are there any of those
with spinning media still being produced?  I thought they have all
gone to solid state media now.

Bob
A shock sensor would be of no use: at the time it sensed the
shock, the damage would already be done, if it was going to be.

--doug