Re: wi-fi hardware disabled

On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 14:01:29 -0700 Gregory Nowak sent:

> > This is probably to silly to even contemplate, but is there a
> > "button" or key where you have to actually turn on your wifi
> > hardware on your machine?
> >
> > I know people have asked me why their wifi was suddenly down, and
> > they didn't know there was a key they had never before pressed that
> > turned it on or off?
>
> The wifi is disabled by default if I run GNU/Linux on my laptop from a
> livecd or a usb drive. It isn't disabled when windows boots up, unless
> I previously disabled it in the mobility control center. If my laptop
> has a key which enables/disables wifi, I haven't yet found it. In case
> this key does exist, and someone would like to enlighten me on where
> it is, I have a Acer Aspire as5733-6838.

This is probably just as silly and won't help, but something here like
about the IP address might be of value? I doubt it though.

It might help you with other things in windows though?

http://www.yumapk.com/how-to-speed-up-the-boot-time-of-acer-aspire-as5733-6838.html

Charlie

    --
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to
	laugh. ..........Voltaire