Mounting Compact flash attached to USB card reader makes it unreadable.

Hi all,

Debian testing, 3.11-2-amd64 kernel.

I got a all-in-one USB card reader to read a camera's compact flash.

The reader works fine, and the device appears. However if mounted (and then unmounted) the card becomes unreadable by both the camera (which reports a card error) and Debian.

There is no problem if the card is inserted, but _not mounted_, and then removed.

I tried mount/unmount by using Thunar (XFCE) 'Mount and Open' and then 'eject' option as well as straight mount/umount commands.
In both cases the device is perfectly readable while mounted.

I also tried mounting and then removing the card (without unmounting) with the same problematic result.

See here pasted dmesg 'insert, mount, unmount, remove' cycle:

http://paste.debian.net/72371/

Only outstanding message I can see is:
usb 3-1: device not accepting address 93, error -71

But have no clue.

Any suggestions and pointers (possibly also where to file a bug if any) appreciated.

Lorenzo.