Re: wi-fi hardware disabled

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 07:49:57AM +1100, Charlie wrote:
> This is probably to silly to even contemplate, but is there a "button"
> or key where you have to actually turn on your wifi hardware on your
> machine?
>
> I know people have asked me why their wifi was suddenly down, and they
> didn't know there was a key they had never before pressed that turned
> it on or off?

The wifi is disabled by default if I run GNU/Linux on my laptop from a
livecd or a usb drive. It isn't disabled when windows boots up, unless
I previously disabled it in the mobility control center. If my laptop
has a key which enables/disables wifi, I haven't yet found it. In case
this key does exist, and someone would like to enlighten me on where
it is, I have a Acer Aspire as5733-6838.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1