FVWM + ( Re: startx + ~/.xsession and no ~/.xinitrc, or .xsessionrc )

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 08:25:56PM +0000, Brian wrote:

> Put
>
>    exec fvwm
>
> after the xterm command in .xsession. This command does not complete and
> .xsession doesn't close. You've summoned X, give it a chance to show off
> what it can do :).
>
> EXERCISE: You decide 'exec fvwm' is a splendid idea but decide to keep
> your .xsessionrc and put the extra line in it. Discuss the consequences.

:)

renamed .xsessionrc to .xsession and added exec fvwm as last line.
All good now, cheers!

For some reason I thought the 'exec fvwm' command was no longer
necessary, but as someone has already mentioned I could ditch the
.xsession* file(s) completely. This would mean moving the background
handling into the .fvwm/config file, which would be the 'cleaner'
solution.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X