Re: startx + ~/.xsession and no ~/.xinitrc, results in reduced functionality (xfce4, sid)

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 23:36:51 -0700 Bob Proulx sent:

> If you are using startx then yes you should use xinitrc.

I use startx and have an .xsessionrc file that loads all manner of
things for me at start up. [gkrelm,terminals,kalarm etc.,] It works for
me, copied from FVWM. Now using Xfce4 as FVWM on AMD64 isn't all that
nice, and I can't configure it to make it nice again. My problem and
no time to work with it at the moment.

I didn't realise that xinitrc is the way to go?

I'm happy with what happens when I boot my system - same as when I
used .xsessionrc with FVWM. But will look into it and read a bit when
time permits. I could be doing the wrong thing entirely.

Thanks for the information.
Charlie
    --
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	A dream grants what one covets when awake. - German proverb