Re: Selecting partions to use via preseed.cfg

On 08/12/13 04:54, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I am aware of the options demonstrated in
> http://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/example-preseed.txt .
>
> They do not cover my case of interest.

?
true, but it refers you to partman-auto-recipe.txt which "appears" to
"cover your case of interest".

> I am experimenting with various configurations of Debian.
> My procedure *REQUIRES* installing Debian to a specific partition of of
> a disk already containing data and possibly other installs.
>
> I currently handle this by deleting all partitioning information fro my
> preseed.cfg .
> This forces manual intervention during which I specify which partition I
> wish to use (for / and swap).
>
> This is the only point requiring manual intervention. I would like to
> eliminate it. The "partition recipe" approach is not suitable.

How so?
Perhaps is you gave an example of what you want preseed to do?

e.g. install /boot to sdb1 formatted as ext2, swapon sda2 and sdb2, / on
sdb3 formatted as ext4 noatime, /home on sda3 (no format, overwrite).

NOTE: conditional is possible also.

> Ideas?
> TIA

Kind regards