Selecting partions to use via preseed.cfg

I am aware of the options demonstrated in http://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/example-preseed.txt .

They do not cover my case of interest.
I am experimenting with various configurations of Debian.
My procedure *REQUIRES* installing Debian to a specific partition of of a disk already containing data and possibly other installs.

I currently handle this by deleting all partitioning information fro my preseed.cfg . This forces manual intervention during which I specify which partition I wish to use (for / and swap).

This is the only point requiring manual intervention. I would like to eliminate it. The "partition recipe" approach is not suitable.

Ideas?
TIA