Re: "Best Mail Client" - Was: [closed] A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 21:02 +0630, AP wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 03, 2013 02:42:10 PM Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > Then it's time for me to post this link:
>
> > http://dot.kde.org/2004/11/02/kontactkmail-awarded-best-mail-client
>
> > KMail was an award winner, for being the best GUI MUA. I disagree ;),
> > for me there still is no best or "less best". I had this in mind, when
> > you started the thread :p, but I could resist to mention this.
>
> I guess the world goes like this: It is not necessary that each and every
> thing would be liked by every individual. But they give award to what majority
> says. Like if in a survery 100 users opt for KMails and claim it the best (of
> course, for their use), while 10 yes no, obviously the award winning client
> would be the KMail. But generally, since it works or has worked for more no.
> of people, it would be okay to say that it works in general. But again, as you
> mentioned and you have not liked it, I guess there must be some personal
> requriements which were not fulfiled by KMail when you might have used it.
>
> Note: This message is sent from KMail which I have configured right now.
>
> Can one pleaes let me know if there is any option of Spell-checker or the
> default dictionary in KMail...(like the one exists when one composes e-mail in
> Gmail)....?

I can see it in the header of your mail:

"KMail/4.10.5 (Linux/3.7.10-1.16-desktop; KDE/4.10.5; i686; ; )" FWIW,
your mail seems to be perfect :) but I didn't check if the thread is
ok ;).

Spell checking is possible, I'm not booted to my Kubunt where I use
KMail too, so I can't say how it can be activated right now, but spell
checking definitively is possible. I'm a dyslexic and spell checking is
a default for all MUAs I use ... but not really helpful. Spell checking
doesn't notice the difference between "be" and "bee" or "then" and
"than", it still allows me to write as an idiot :D.