Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 16:39:30 +0100, AP <worldwithoutfences@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM, Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:

The world is a complicated place. A counter argument to your 'maximum
no. of people' is: Look for MUA that is truly outside the mainstream
of usage because it will have the least number of phishers attacking
you.

Thought over your advice which seems really nice but I want to know if
there are chances of phishing attacks in Linux too? And I have come to
Linux knowing it is virus free!!

Phishing = faked web sites that ask you to give passwords etc. have nothing
to do with the used operating system.

Attacks that use buffer overflows and other bugs or weak points are the less
likely, the less the software is used. You for sure won't find backdoors in
open source code, backdoors for the NSA, for marketing etc. are exclusive provided
by Microsoft and Apple and _closed_ source for Linux.

Linux servers are as often attacked as other servers too. Linux audio web sites
very often where hacked.

Regards,
Ralf