Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On 20131202_210930, AP wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM, Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:
>
> > The world is a complicated place. A counter argument to your 'maximum
> > no. of people' is: Look for MUA that is truly outside the mainstream
> > of usage because it will have the least number of phishers attacking
> > you.
>
> Thought over your advice which seems really nice but I want to know if
> there are chances of phishing attacks in Linux too? And I have come to
> Linux knowing it is virus free!!

Phishing is not virus. Phishing is play tricks on your mind and
senses. Finding ways to make you believe things that are not true. To
the extent that your environment is known to the phishers they have
you at a disadvantage. Note that I said that the phisher attacks you,
not the software that you are using. The warning is half in jest. The
world is not chock full of evil people, really.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net