Re: Stable Package: PostgreSQL 9.1 to 9.3 ?

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 08:43:51PM -0600, John Hasler wrote:

Hi,

> It is always best to stick to the official Debian package when possible.
> Upstream debs are sometimes not very high quality.  9.3 is now in

In this special case https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt / apt.postgresql.org
is backed by at least one DD (I expect more but know for sure only one). So I
would expect those packages to be of a very similar quality then those in the
Debian archive.

In a lot of other cases you're right. :-/

Sven
--
There we were, the three of us, the thief the king and I.
Finally, we were forced to see, we were equals in the night.