Re: Fallback icons in thunar

On 28/11/13 18:40, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-11-28 at 14:03 +0700, Diep Pham Van wrote:
>> The problem is, I really like the novula icon set. Maybe there is a way
>> to make those icons look like other icons?
>
> You seemingly don't like the icon _s e t_!
>
> Replace the "Fallback icons" with links to novula icons.

That dog won't hunt.

Icons are assigned to categories within which their are
subcategories/applications.

If the icon set has nothing for a particular category i.e. synaptic it
either uses the matching icon from the default icon set (if there is a
default icon set) - or it displays nothing.

> I never will understand why it's more important to get something flashy,
> than to get something consistent.

The OP is looking for consistency. The OP just doesn't want consistent
fugly. That's the OP's choice and fortunately Debian respects choice and
includes some beautiful icons. Nuvola is one of them. You don't have to
agree. (it doesn't even matter if you don't).

Some people like warts, moles and weird hair growth. Some people prefer
aesthetically pleasing things around them.

The world, like Debian, ain't bi-modal, you can have form and function.
It doesn't have to look like it was drawn on toilet wall in monocolour
to be functional any more than it has to sound like KennyG elevator
music to be musical.

Kind regards.