Re: Fallback icons in thunar

On 28/11/13 18:03, Diep Pham Van wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 14:01:00 +1100 Scott Ferguson
> <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The solution might be to install another, more complete, icon set.
> The problem is, I really like the novula icon set.

Understandable. David Vignoni's work is just amazing.

> Maybe there is a way to make those icons look like other icons?

Yes, but that'd be a lot of work. You could ask David but I suspect he's
very busy (by coincidence I got a reply from him this morning, to an
email I sent almost a year ago).

Perhaps install a comprehensive icon collection that isn't as fugly as
the default GNOME icons (e.g. Oxygen or nuvoX), then remove (and purge)
the default GNOME icons. The Nuvola icons should then be used except
where there is one, in which case the Oxgen (or nuvoX) will display instead.

Kind regards