Re: Setting up wordpress on wheezy using the debian packages?

On Nov 27, 2013, at 12:38 AM, Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi Rick,
>>
>> These instructions should work for Debian as well:
>> http://movingtofreedom.org/2007/05/09/how-to-wordpress-on-ubuntu-gnu-linux/
>>
>> The main thing is to get Apache & PHP configured properly. Once that's
>> done, Wordpress config goes easily.
>>
>> I'll be happy to help you troubleshoot this if needed.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Kailash
>>

> The OP was emphatic about wanting to use the Debian package, and the
> answer has already been provided. (https://wiki.debian.org/WordPress)
>
> NOTE: also that the page you refer to is many years out of date.
>

> Kind regards

Wow!  Thanks folks.  The Debian users list to the rescue again!  (-: (-:

Yes, I do need to do it in Debian -- primarily because the machine I want to use for it is a G5 PowerPC Macintosh and Debian is the only distro I know of that supports that hardware -- but I'm guessing that Ubuntu, even out of date Ubuntu, will be sufficiently like Debian as to be useful.

Due to the US Thanksgiving holidays, I won't be able to attack this until after the weekend.  But at least now I've got a couple of places to read up on doing it, and a couple of people who have offered to help me over the rough spots.

The folks on this list are so great!

Rick