Fwd: Re: Setting up wordpress on wheezy using the debian packages?

--- Begin Message ---
Rick Thomas wrote:
Can someone point me at step-by-step instructions for going from
	sudo aptitude install wordpress
on a freshly scrubbed, newly installed Wheezy system to a working wordpress website on the same machine?

I've read the README.Debian in /usr/share/doc/wordpress/ and the stuff in examples/ but they are just hints, I think.

I've googled till I'm blue in the face, but all I find is people who insist on installing wordpress from the downloadable tarball at the wordpress development site and ignore the debian package entirely.  I'd much rather do things the "Debian way".

Somebody must have done it, I would think -- or what's the point of having a Debian package in the first place?  If you have, can you share your recipe?

There's a reason everyone says do it from the wordpress site - and follow the directions THERE (which are for dummies). apt packaging is great for binaries, not so good for PHP and database configuration. There are times to do stuff the "Debian way" and times when it makes no sense.

Miles Fidelman

--- End Message ---