Re: Setting up wordpress on wheezy using the debian packages?

On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 17:39:20 -0800
Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:

> Can someone point me at step-by-step instructions for going from
> 	sudo aptitude install wordpress
> on a freshly scrubbed, newly installed Wheezy system to a working
> wordpress website on the same machine?
>
> I've read the README.Debian in /usr/share/doc/wordpress/ and the
> stuff in examples/ but they are just hints, I think.
>
> I've googled till I'm blue in the face, but all I find is people who
> insist on installing wordpress from the downloadable tarball at the
> wordpress development site and ignore the debian package entirely.
> I'd much rather do things the "Debian way".
>
> Somebody must have done it, I would think -- or what's the point of
> having a Debian package in the first place?  If you have, can you
> share your recipe?
>
> All help will be appreciated!

Rick.
A few months ago I was considering doing this, hosting my wordpress
blog on this computer, but after considering all the disadvantages of
self-hosting I chose someone to do it for me in a local web-hosting
company for 4UKP a month, which is a very good price. Since then we've
worked together to reduce the sites footprint in size and speed it up.
Now I take full backups of it twice a day, and they just take a few
minutes over a distance of about 25 miles. I can only suggest you do the
same as it saves a lot of heartache and worry too.

Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.3.2
Registered Linux user 561944