Re: colord Warning during upgrade to wheezy (SOLVED)

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013, Reco wrote:

Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 19:20:50 +0400
From: Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Cc: Itay <debian@itayf.fastmail.fm>
Subject: Re: colord Warning during upgrade to wheezy

Hi.

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 17:05:15 +0200 (IST)
Itay <debian@itayf.fastmail.fm> wrote:

Hi,

During upgrade squeeze -> wheezy the following warning came up:

Setting up colord (0.1.21-1) ...
adduser: Warning: The home directory `/var/lib/colord' does not belong to the user you are currently creating.

At present '/var/lib/colord' belongs to user and group 'colord'.

I guess that this means that colord installation is correct after all.

_However_, I would appreciate a confirmation from a knowledgeable user.

The contents of /var/lib/dpkg/info/colord.postinst explain this
behavior. Basically, they create the needed directory first, add the
colord user then and finally change permissions for the dir.

It's time I learn to stick my nose into /var/lib/dpkg/info. ;-)

IMO, this is the usual thing, not a bug.

Reco

OK.  Thank you for the re-assurance.
Itay