Re: Toshiba Satellite C50d/A00L laptop, can't install Debian - any version......

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 17:03:57 -0600 Selim T. Erdogan sent:

> Further googling might get you something better/easier.

Thank you Selim, for taking the time to discover these links. It's much
appreciated and they will come in useful, as I think I'll just install
ubuntu, as ubuntu 10 works so the latest ubuntu system should work a
treat.

But first I'll try what you suggest, because I do like Debian.

I think I can install a base system without network access just by
bypassing some of the steps. I'll give it a larrup. Fix the other
things as I go once I get a base system on the machine.

I generally ignore stuff other than Debian. But there's no point in
doing that any more. I see now that distro's like mint and ubuntu and
others have something to contribute where Debian is lacking.

This time I almost - left windows 8.1 on the machine. But maybe
there would have been less headaches at the start and more headaches as
it went along? I manage windows 7 systems for other people and I am
quite impressed with it other than I don't know how to or if you can
make some tweaks I would like.

It's a changing world.

Anyway.

Thank you again for your effort and kindness. Will start googling for
other distros to see if they have a driver/s that will fit.

Be well,
Charlie
    --
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Nature makes no mistakes. In such a universe, a decision which
	results in one's death, is not a mistake. It is simply a way of
	dying at the right moment. ---Alan Watts