Re: Why Debian

Hi,

Dňa Wed, 20 Nov 2013 10:47:53 +0000 Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> napísal:

> AFAIK, if a package has "ubuntu" in its version name, it's been
> changed by the Ubuntu developers.

Are you sure, that this is mark of changes? Are you checked the
changelog? It is not necessary mark of changes in package, it is only
marks, that package was rebuilded, e.g. due the dependencies...

> I've just checked on my 14.04 laptop and the percentage is about 14%.

My numbers are 3 years old, it was taken by the Raphael Herctzog, AFAIK
he is both, the Debian and Ubuntu, developer, then he must know
something about these things ;-)

You can read more here
http://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/11/22/how-ubuntu-builds-up-on-debian/.

Sure, today can be numbers little different.

regards

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk