Re: Why Debian

Serious answer "Why Debian and Not Ubuntu" ?!

1. Because I don't like a commercial sponsored operating system.
How knows on what kind of stupid idea they come to collect data.

2. As well, specially the Gnome3 system ubuntu delivers by default makes
me puke!

3. The installer is full of advertising, and what they allready have
preinstalled, specially their cloud stuff....

If it's about me, I prefere the testing version of the latest debian
distro.

The "wiki" from ubuntu, you have to say is much better.
But, the ubuntu is no real benefit for those who are very familiar with it.

On my Notebook I was lazy to set up a new Debian version because it came
with ubuntu preinstalled.

But honestly, I think when I have more time, I'll set up on my corei7
notebook a new debian version.

Do you know with how much headache it was connected to get gnome2 (mate
desktop) to install again ????

And installing from "untrusted" sources.....

If ever insalling ubuntu again, I'll choose "xubuntu", but that won't
happen.....

Tamer