Re: Pulse-audio "brown outs" (like a half second cross fade)

On 11/20/13, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
> Running sid, xfce, and just today, pulse audio.
>
> Occurs with at least two mp3 files (didn't happen in past, been some
> months since I played any audio).
>
> Tried from: mplayer command line, vlc gtk gui, and audacious gtk.

Does not occur with alsaplayer.

I'm still running pavucontrol, a pa mixer gui - on its Playback tab,
the second section down is titled "ALSA plug-in [alsaplayer]: ALSA
Playback", so alsaplayer plays back via alsa output, and does not
suffer the problem.

So I now try Audacious again - settings changed to use alsa output: no
problem seen. Played one song only - now testing a long playlist.

I've queue up a couple hours, and testing again (alsa). I have not
tested a long queue this (recently) with alsa, although I don't recall
this type of problem ever before, so I believe it'll not occur, and is
only a pa artifact.

Any ideas how to configure pulseaudio to work well on debian sid (/xfce)?

TIA
Zenaan

PS, I use apt-get to install, and chose to accept the "add real-time
to audio group" option/question which came up on installation;
"groups" shows my user is a member of audio group.