Re: Pulse-audio "brown outs" (like a half second cross fade)

On 11/20/13, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:

> Does not occur with alsaplayer.

CORRECTION: OK, same thing occurred after some 8 minutes or so using
alsa output (Audacious). BUT, pahwchooser, pavumixer and pavucontrol
were all still running.

Now running the same test (extended play multiple sequential files,
restarted Audacious, alsa output), while having stopped pavumixer and
pahardwarechooser (I think it was called - the tray app) - and the pa
mixer (pavucontrol), and the problem recurs here and there.

After installing pulse audio, would I need to reboot (or restart X)?

TIA for any assistance,
Zenaan