Re: Why Debian

> Do not take me wrong, I do not say that Debian is not as good or better
> that Ubuntu (I think it is better, especially in terms of flexibility:
> there are more than one DE maintained in the distribution, instead of
> having a distro fork for each DE... this approach is just ugly for me,
> but is interesting for simple users not used to have choice. Choice
> costs time, and some people do not want it for that reason.). It's
> simply that your argumentation lacks strength, and should never convince
> any user which knows Debian and Ubuntu.

Actually it is not a distro fork. The pool of Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu,
<whatever>ubuntu is the same (the sources.list is the same for all). You
can consider the different 'distributions' as different install sets for
the same distribution with different default environments and settings.
There are metapackages for all the 'distributions' so choosing one or
another is just an apt-get install and selecting the newly installed
desktop as default.

--
--- Friczy ---
'Death is not a bug, it's a feature'