Re: Why Debian

On Monday, November 18, 2013 09:04:12 PM Tamer Higazi wrote:
> 1. Because I don't like a commercial sponsored operating system.
> How knows on what kind of stupid idea they come to collect data.

   To me, this is a point that is not emphasized enough.

   With the NSA revelations that Microsoft, Apple, et al, have cooperated on
eviscerating their encryption and are working with the US gov't to undermine
their own customers/users, Debian and the free software warld should be
highlighting this key difference in free software.

--
"The United States became the target of terrorists on 9/11 not because of the
country's freedom and democracy, but because U.S. Middle East policy has had