Re: alien 32/64 bits

Le 30.10.2013 23:07, François Patte a écrit :
Le 30/10/2013 20:27, Bob Proulx a écrit :
François Patte wrote:
Is there a way to build a debian package on an amd64 from a rpm package
built for a 32bits platform.

I don't mean that I want an amd64 debian package, as 32bits can be
installed.

You still haven't answered my question concerning this in the other
thread.  What is the original problem you are trying to solve?

I want to build a deb 32bits package from a 32bits package (rpm) on an
amd64 system.

I think the kind of information he want is, for example, the software's name. Or the software's role.

You do not want to repack a fedora/red-hat package for Debian, you want to use a software, which is not in Debian's main repository, right? If you provide the program's name, maybe someone will know for a deb file somewhere, which will give you less problems. Maybe that program is open source, and if so, it could be directly build (compiled) on your system.

Repacking your RHL archive to a DEB is not what you want to achieve, it is not the X part of the problem. It is the way you think to be the best solution, the Y part of the problem. Which may, or may not, really be the best way to achieve X.