Re: Centralized update management (WSUS-like) for Debian-based systems?

Le 30.10.2013 07:57, basti a écrit :
On 29.10.2013 23:43, Wawrzek Niewodniczanski wrote:
What is WSUS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Server_Update_Services

What is explained about WSUS on wikipedia seems to be far less powerful than what can be achieved by apt*. I read that link when the OP asked, but the short description does not seems to meet all the requirements the OP have. Otherwise, I would also have replied to use a LAN repo (as sooner in this thread).

I think most of those needs could be achieved by using a collection of tools in Debian, like (ana)cron (automatic lookup), apt*(install/updage/etc)*, openldap/ssh (permissions), etc. The main problems are that I have no idea about how to have a centralized web interface for such a collection of tools and that there will be a lot of work ( writing, testing and deploying the scripts could not be trivial ).
I do not think that it is what the OP wants.

*: note that it would mean some playing with /etc/apt/sources.list.d and /etc/apt/preferences.d, on "every" (but that sync could probably be achieved automatically by using git/svn automatic sync at computer startup, depending on the computer's role) client computers.