maintained web-browser ( was: Re: gnome depends on adblock-plus )

Le 23.10.2013 14:36, Marko Randjelovic a écrit :
On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:45:55 +0200
Marko Randjelovic <markoran@eunet.rs> wrote:

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 17:46:16 +0200
berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

> I think that midori is still maintained?

Never heard of it, except in Debian repo, anyway I'll give it a try.

Thanks

I got very frustrated about Webkit (Midori uses Webkit). I found
enormous number of bugs in CVE list, but most of them were related to
products that use Webkit such as Google Chrome, I should determine if
they originated from Webkit or those products, but it was impossible
due to their number, then I wanted to check few of them, but it was
also not possible because Webkit bug tracker didn't allow me to view
relevant page, even when I registered and logged in.

Web browsers that use Webkit: kazehakase, arora, epiphany-browser,
luakit, midori, surf, xxxterm.

I must admit that no webkit browser convinced me until now. You forgot uzbl, dillo, dwb... all of them are slow and/or buggy. I do not really think it is because they are using webkit, of course.

On the other hand, there are not a lot of graphical web browsers using another renderer. Except firefox, IE and opera, I do not know any to be exact.

If you have any suggestion of webbrowser to try, I will be happy to learn it's name, even it I need to compile it. Web-browsers are one of the most use tools nowadays, but no one is really good, even in mainstream. The choices I have found are between fast and not too buggy ( mainstream ) which are bloated, and non bloated but surprisingly, slow and buggy as hell ( all other I have found ).

Of all the non-mainstream ones I tried, the only potentially usable one was midori.