Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1

On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 08:55 -0400, Sureyya Sahin wrote:

> On 20/10/13 06:20 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> >> I agree (this is mentioned in the link I posted BTW) that the very first
> >> thing to look for are processess/daemons etc accessing the hard drive
> >> when the clicking occurs.
> >
> > My apologies Curt, if the recommendations are only meant as the last
> > choice, than they are ok.
> >

> OK, I may give this a try but I will need directions from you...

"You'll probably have to take a look at the init scripts in /etc/init.d/
and google them to find out what services they start/provide. Another
possibility is to ps -ef and google any of the processes you don't know
so you can determine if they are needed or not." -
http://serverfault.com/questions/206309/list-of-debian-services

I just would replace google with https://startpage.com/ .