Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1

On Sat, 2013-10-19 at 09:13 -0400, Sureyya Sahin wrote:
> 1. When I shut down my computer, sometimes I am hearing mechanical click
> sounds from my laptop during the shutdown process. I suspect that it may
> be related to soundcards

Sometimes I wonder if the piezoelectric disk beeper makes such noise or
if there's a mechanical relay I never noticed for power. If not, than
the HDDs make the sound. I'm quiet sure the noise is caused by the HDDs
only and not by anything else.

If you hear the click sometimes, than it's ok, this happens to my
machine since years, when the drives were new and still today. If you
get the click noise very often, especially when the drives spin up, than
the drives, resp. one drive will die soon.