Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1

Since the OP mentioned that Arch isn't stable on his machine, I suspect
that there might be some very exotic hardware involved or that the OP
misconfigured something and for some reasons Debian and Arch are more
sensible regarding to this misonfiguration, than Suse is.

Since the OP installed Arch, the OP is aware what is needed and what not
for the system. I recommend to remove all the services of the OP's
Debian install, the OP doesn't need, resp. to start and stop the same
services the OP's Suse does start and stop.

I never used Arch with this machine, HP dm1. But I installed it in an older machine, another HP Pavilion with PIV, 1 GB ram. I didn't like Arch at all. One problem I was having was that ethernet and wireless interfaces were flipping casually, which I was correcting after logins.

I used Manjaro in my current machine and I can confirm that everything worked (seemingly) out of box. Still, I would never use an Arch derivative for my productivity machine.