Re: Usage of grep - Was: no .bash_hostory file was found in user home folder

On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 03:13 +0200, Markus Falb wrote:
> I find myself doing this on occasion.
> Sometimes it seems quicker to add the pipe to the previous command than to modify the whole thing.

I agree with this! _But_ unfortunately many people are not aware how to
use some commands "better" and it can matter. I guess I used  ls  too
often with  grep  instead of only using  ls  , until somebody mentioned
it. I guess such "mistakes" should be mentioned on open mailing lists.
Next time somebody googles for  grep  s/he shouldn't find an less good
example by the original thread, but my hint by this thread.