Re: ipad connection

On 10/18/2013 12:08 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-10-18 at 11:58 -0400, Verde Denim wrote:
>> iPad: 7.0.2
> It at least isn't caused by the iOS version. Connecting an iPad 2
> running the same version, I don't get an issue. In the past I used USB
> cables of a valid length regarding to USB specifications, but this often
> caused trouble, only the much to short cable from Apple can be used
> here. A Suse GNOME 2 thingy does see my iPad, but I'm using it with VBox
> on Ubuntu and Arch only. There likely is something fishy with your
> Debian and or iPad.

The iPad4 has a slightly different cable connection from a standard
micro-usb so trying a different cable is out. The Debian box is stable
and can handle other iPads/phones without an issue. I'm thinking its the
iPad4/iOS 7.0.2 that's the problem, but not sure why it just doesn't
connect. It keeps asking me for the PIN and to retry. It will do this
and issue the DBus message regardless of whether the PIN is already
entered or not, or even whether the PIN is enabled.

--
Regards

Jack
Boston Tea Party, Coercive Acts, Powder Alarm, Revolution
Lessons (Mistakes) not learned are bound to be repeated.