Re: pcmanfm no window/gui, one user only

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 02:06:19PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-10-13 at 13:44 +0200, Tazman Deville wrote:
> > Well, someone suggested looking in dmesg, but, of course, there's
> > absolutely nothing relevant there.
>
> This would display the output of the kernel ring buffer, to see what's
> going wrong during a session, first take a look at ~/.xsession-errors
> and/or ~/.xsession-errors.old.
>
> less ~/.xsession-errors
>
> I don't know if this is useful, but I would test it too:
>
> strace /usr/bin/pcmanfm¹
>
> ¹or what ever the path and name is.

Not sure how useful it is, because it makes no sense to me,
but the strace gives me a whole bunch of stuff, which I've pasted here:
http://paste.tazd.info/index.php?3

I looked at the .xsession-errors files, but find no mention of pcmanfm.

thanks,
./taz
--
http://tazmandevil.info