Re: 64-bit VM on 32-bit host OS on 64-bit hardware

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 6:42 PM, Andre Majorel <aym-naibed@teaser.fr> wrote:
> Can you run an amd64 virtual machine if the host is running
> Debian i386 ? The hardware would be a recent AMD CPU, so
> Pacifica/AMD-V is available.
>
> The virtualisation systems I'm most interested in are KVM and
> Xen but if this sort of configuration is not possible under
> every platform virtual machines, I'd like to know about it.
>
> Thanks in advance.

you have a chance installing a 64 bit kernel and tuning a little bit
to be more 64 bit compliant maintaining your original 32 bit
installation

At the moment I'm experimenting a mixed environment with a 64 bit
kernel on a previous 32 bit installation and it works really well

bye,

Luca