Re: linux-image-3.10-3-amd64 unbootable: /dev/disk/by-uuid not created

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> Jesse Molina wrote:

>> As I said before, the md RAIDs are being assembled.  udev, or
>> something else, is failing to properly create the device nodes.

> A shot in the dark but...  Have you added a new md device recently but
> forgotten to update the /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf file?  The initrd
> creation will only have the information about it if it is in that
> file.

I have the same problem as Jesse, roughly since the update to mdadm-3.3
in Sid.

Suddenly, only UUID symlinks to real devices are present in
/dev/disk/by-uuid while inside the initramfs, links to device-mapper
devices or md-devices are missing.

The devices itself are fine, as /proc/mdstat and the output of lvs
confirm.

I am able to boot if I set "GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true" in
/etc/default/grub, because that sets "root=/dev/md0" instead of
"root=UUID=...."

Grüße,
Sven.

--